Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Not So Hot Chocolate Morning

Well, I'm not normally a blog two days in a row kinda gal, but I just HAD to write about the most hilarious morning I've ever had. Everything was going normally...until about 7AM. At work, I received the assignment to go pick up some giant hamburgers from The Counter...a new hamburger joint at the Gateway. (Casey Scott, our guy that does fun stuff for the morning shows, was making special hamburgers for everyone at the station). Now I don't normally go on food runs, but there was no one that could bring them to us, because Casey and his photog were the only KUTV people there. So, I'd been to the Gateway area before, but it had been awhile...so as I waited for the photog to call me with their exact location, I was kinda just driving around aimlessly for a bit. That's when I was almost pretty much murdered. A group of men...either gang members, drug dealers, or just plain ol' homeless guys, tried to stop me in my car. I saw police lights ahead, so I thought there might be a reason...but I didn't feel right about it, so I just kept driving, hoping I wouldn't end up gettting arrested. I didn't. And luckily, I found the place. So I waited for like half an hour for Casey to do one of his live hits, and for the hamburger people to box and bag the billions of burgers I had to haul back. And these things were huge.....like a pound of beef on bun...with other heart attack-inducing items like bacon, onions..the works. So I made it back to the station had to write two five minute cut ins in like 5 min then me and Jen, my coworker, ate one fourth of a burger (definitely kinda raw...but it was pretty good...I don't really mind the pink stuff). Then we decided to skip Institute and bring one of her friends breakfast because it was his birthday. So we headed to a nearby Starbucks to grab some pastries and hot chocolate. Well, when we got to her friend's house, I proceeded to take off my seatbelt and WHAM! it hit the hot chocolate in my hand...and spilled all over my pants and her car seat. AKA it looked as if I had lost complete control of my bladdder. At this point I refused to go inside to meet her friend...but she convinced me that she would go get a towel and help me clean up first. Well, the towel water smelled so gross, and really just made my pants wet, and didn't help the whole hot chocolate situation. Then Jen, knowing that I felt so embarrassed proceeded to squeeze water onto her pants...to make it look like she peed! It was definitely an Adam Sandler moment. So we walked into the house laughing and crying about everything...and my hands smelling like nasty water. Luckily the lights were very dim inside the house so you couldn't see our pee pants. Then we sang Happy Birthday to this kid...and Jen had told me the wrong name..so I totally sang the wrong thing! Poor kid. Anyway, so for the rest of the morning I sat there and drank my hot chocolate...which was actually kind of gross. It was bitter...so I'm wondering if they put a shot of coffee in there when I wasn't looking...it would make sense because now my hands won't stop shaking. And after all the drama, it wasn't even hot anymore. I tried to eat my pumpkin muffin....but I was just so full after the huge piece of cow I'd just eaten.
Now, I'm at home, and my chocolate clothes are in the wash. I'm so tired...but I'm worried that I won't get to sleep because of this coffee buzz I'm on.
I wonder if this is funny to anyone else besides me. Oh well...my blog, not yours. Peace.
(and i don't feel like proofreading this thing, so if there are mistakes....eat it)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOL!I'm glad that you decided to be an every day blogger, even if for just 2 days. I'm glad you're not dead, and that you didn't stop for those nasty people. I love that you called yourself a swear bear.
Maren, you should write a book. I'll buy at least 10 copies.

Jessica said...

Maren I just read your blog for the first time! Oh I love the Maren humor all over this thing! I'm glad you and Jenn are such great friends at work-plus this story is so...priceless!