Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Chronicles of Getting Locked Out Volume 2

So I've been getting locked out of a lot of things recently. Namely, my new house. Since our house is older, our locks are a bit funky. Apparently there are tricks to unlocking the door...and it automatically locks whenever you shut it. No wait...you have to slam it. Or else it doesn't close. Anyway, my first night here, I had just dropped off The Ding (that's Matt Dinger by the way) at his car after taking him to dinner since he helped me move all my junk. (He's a self-proclaimed metrosexual, but he's strong as an ox it turns out). Then, I headed to the grocery store to...well...buy groceries. And this was at the regular Smith's, two blocks away...not the super crazy furniture one with elevators. When I got home and tried to get in, I could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME unlock the door. It didn't matter how hard I pushed the door or turned the key...it would not budge. I called Megan (this is a trend, you'll come to find out). She was still in Lehi getting the rest of her possessions. I called my landlord-neighbors. No answer. So I thought, "no biggie, I can just rest here on the porch for awhile (and this was after I had to put my grocery bags back in the car...after they almost fell into a pile of dog....business). Big mistake. You see, it had just rained...no, poured....and I sat right in a puddle. Honestly, was I really that frustrated that I forgot about the weather?
After I sat in my car for about an hour calling about everyone I knew to chat....and when Megan finally arrived, she had a bit of trouble getting the door open. I mean, we pretty much took a battery ram to the dang thing. She finally got ahold of one of our landlord-neighbors...who had to guide us through the process: turn it all the way to the right...stop. Turn back to regular position. Stop. Turn key to the left, pull the handle as you turn the key. When you feel the bolt unlock...PUSH! (Is that right Megan?) Needless to say I struggled with that one every single time I attempted to open the door. Last weekend, they changed the locks for us and we got new keys. It's a tad bit easier to get in now, but I still struggle. So embarrassing.

The End.

P.S. There is one more volume of The Chronicles of Getting Locked Out. Don't miss it!

1 comment:

MeganandClaudy said...

you're such a producer! I love the tease at the end :)