Saturday, October 11, 2008

Confession

Since I'm a college graduate and I work at night...and I have no friends (except my roomie, of course), I've been watching a lot of TV. I mean, I've always been a friend of the television, but it has multiplied tenfold since I've become an adult. And since I am without real friends, I have made quite a few TV friends. And since I graduated from BYU single, that also supposedly makes me hopelessly desperate for a man, I have therefore developed many TV boyfriends. So, here is my confession. I am in love with multiple characters on TV. It's pathetic, and I love it. I mean, we all have to step out of reality once and awhile, right?

So, here is my TOP TEN list of MY television boyfriends (I have to credit some of these relationships to my roommate Megan):

10. Sawyer from LOST
Let's face it: he's hot, he's got that great southern accent, and he gives everyone hilarious
nicknames. What's not to love?
9. Burton "Gus" Guster from Psych
I only just recently recognized our love. It's not so much what he says on the show (although he is often witty)...but I love watching his facial expressions while he's putting up with Shawn's shenanigans.
8. Dr. Jack Shepard from LOST
Once upon a time, the good doctor was on my list...because what woman doesn't love watching a sweaty man with a constant 5 o'clock shadow running around on an island saving lives? He is still wonderfully good looking...but he has tons of issues... and maybe whines a bit too much. But the initial feeling of affection still lingers in my heart.
7. Michael Vaughn from Alias
Our deep love was rekindled this summer when I re-watched the entire series of Alias. He is
wonderful, especially in the first three seasons or so. I would explain more, but I think people
might start recognizing that I probably have a serious problem. If you've seen the show, you'd
know. So...watch it.
6. David Anders ("Sark" from Alias, now "Adam" on Heroes)
An awesome villian. The guy you love to hate. Because he is just so darn good-looking, even
when he is backstabbing someone, or drunk, or anything else. This is relationship would be
classified as unrequited love, though, because David is promised to my roommate Megan.
5. Ned from Pushing Daisies
This is probably my newest relationship. You just love Ned because his face is just so sad all
the time, but he is just so sweet all the time. And the fact that the can still fervently love a
woman...even when he can't touch her (or else she'll keel over)...makes you just want to hug that
piemaker even more.
4. Shawn Spencer from Psych
Ok, this guy totally wins the personality contest. His personality is defintely what is most
attractive to me. Yes, he is very good looking....but he is just so hilarious. And mischievious.
Most people don't take him seriously, but honestly, when you get to know him as much as I
have, you know that he is very passionate, but is just too scared to show it.
3. Jim from The Office
Jim is just a given. I'm pretty sure every girl in America would love to just murder Pam Beesley right now, and force Jim to marry her instead. (But then later we'd all feel guilty because they are basically perfect for each other.) So really, I don't need to get into why Jim is pretty much perfect. Just writing his name is enough.
2. Chuck from Chuck
Chuck is a total nerd, but the most adorable human being on the planet in my opinion. He's a genius, but so awkward when it comes to the woman he's in love with...and of course that makes every female watching him on TV weak in the knees. And the fact that he's not so bad at pretending to be a spy makes him more fun, too.
1. Special Agent Seeley Booth from Bones
Right now, Booth is my number one. Booth really deserves a whole blog post dedicated to him, but I have a hard time expressing my emotions, so he'll probably still get a few sentences. I mean, I'm actually embarrassed to even talk about why he's the best TV boyfriend ever. It would divulge too many of my "Qualities of My Ideal Husband" from those annoying lists that they make you write in Young Women. By the way, I really want to burn that list, but I keep it and read it often because it really is just so ridiculous that I die laughing every time I find it in my scriptures. But, I still won't let anyone read it. Wow, I definitely went out on a tangent there, but that's because I wanted to change the subject out of embarrassment.



So there you go. That was really hard for me....you know, telling people how I feel about them. Not my cup o' tea. :) Hahah. Anyway, I hope this was as hilarious to read as it was to think about it and write it. I mean, I just devoted 45 minutes to talking about television characters. I guess it could be worse.



Let's just pray that I'll still have SOME real friends left after reading this (but only 5 people read the blog anyway, so I'm not too worried).

4 comments:

The Goob said...

I just wanted to let you know that this reader adores you. You may have TV boyfriends but I have blog girlfriends. Number 1 on the list is you.

MeganandClaudy said...

sawyer?? REALLY? Me and Claudy are just getting into lost thanks to netflix. We just finished season one and I think Sawyer is so greasy and mean. I can't agree with you on that one!

Maren said...

Oh Megan, just you wait. What season are you on???

Jacki said...

What about Edward? What about Jacob? What about book boyfriends? W-T-F Maren.... W-T-F..... hahahahhaha