Friday, November 14, 2008

Gonna Party Like It's My Burfday...

So, I'm 23 now. Interesing. A lot of people ask me how my birthday was, so I thought I would document it on here.
Well, I was definitely awake once midnight hit...because I was, of course, working. At about 2 am, my co-workers brought out a whole bunch of chocolate cupcakes and lit some candles. I blew 'em out, and tried not to spit all over them. I spent the morning eating and working and bossing people around until 7:25. I made my second TV debut, but instead of dancing like a fool, I ate yams. I did a cooking segment with our weather lady, Debbie. And by "did a cooking segment" it means I blew out some more candles and ate yams in the background while the anchors did the cooking. Seriously, I should pursue a career of eating on TV. (I'm also available to show off my dance moves, yet again....but this time without a costume.)
After work, I went to Institute. My co-worker (Jen) brought the leftover cupcakes to class, and made everyone sing to me. Here was my favorite conversation of the day....we had a very old man as our substitute and after the birthday song...here's what happened:
Very Old Man Substitute Teacher: "So, how old are you today?"
Birthday Girl: "Twenty-three."
VOMST: "Twenty-three and still single?"
BG: "Heh....yep."
And a hush fell over the crowd. Really, was that necessary? Haha I was so caught off guard by the question, that I forgot to say something witty...like..."You better believe it!" or "In your dreams!" or....you know, something that didn't make me feel/look like an idiot to the 12 other people in the room.
After giving away the remaining cupcakes, I was tired of eating just sugar...so I took myself out to breakfast at Einstein Bagels (which is conveniently located near my home). After breakfast, I opened one of the boxes my mom sent me for my birthday: it contained some of my old books from home that I requested. (I'm still waiting for the other presents to arrive, but I somehow think they got lost in the mail, since I think she sent them a week ago.) I talked to the woman who gave birth to me for an hour, then decided I should take a shower. Then, of course I went to sleep.
When I woke up at 7pm, I found my living room decorated with streamers....and a man! My new boyfriend. Well, it was a cardboard cut-out of Superman, which was probably better than a real man anyway (I was in my p'jams after all). It was time for Bones, (featuring my number one TV boyfriend Booth....who was coincidentally also celebrating his birthday...meaning that of course we really are meant to be together) and Megan came home with dinner! It was Hires, yum. Unfortunately, I dug in probably a little sooner than I should and the meal didn't sit too well with me. But it still tasted good. Then my father called...and after chatting with him, I decided to sleep the rest of the meal off. So, sorry if you called me that night, I had my phone on silent. After the nap...it was back to work!
So how's that for a birthday, eh? You know, it could have very well been an ordinary day. But, I did what I wanted, when I wanted (for the most part). And I didn't have to dress up or impress anyone...I just stayed in my pajamas. And it was glorious. So, thanks to everyone who made it a great day!
(and technically, my birthday's still going....I'm partying down in Provo this weekend...and I still have a box coming...)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've decided that a lot of old people say a lot of unnecessary and awkward things. And no, it wasn't necessary. You made me laugh though.

ashley said...

I can't believe old man said that! At twenty three, your alive and kickin. I'm glad you had a good birthday, and that your boyfriends Booth AND Superman got to spend it with you :)

And you just reminded me of Einstein, oh yum.