Friday, March 5, 2010

Let's Go Surfing Now

Well, it's been awhile. Don't worry, I'm still watching *plenty of TV!!



I have to say one of my specialties is channel surfing. There's nothing I enjoy more surfing on the weekends to recover from the past week. Although, sometimes I stumble on things I wish I didn't hear or see.


The other day, I came across a show that totally made me want to ralph.. but I just couldn't stop watching. I believe it was called, "My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding." Basically, it's about insanely rich people who spend the equivalent of 5 people's life savings on their wedding. This particular episode kind of made me want to rip my hair out. It was this couple who was a bit older. They both owned their own companies and were independently wealthy, and put their money together.. oh man. Right off the bat, I could tell they were getting married purely for show, not because they loved each other. They would never look each other in the eyes, and during the wedding/circus they could barely stand to kiss. Now let's talk about what they spent their money on..



She had three different designer dresses to wear that night. I think they were about $30,000 each. Ewww. She also bought a pair of earrings that I think cost more than I make in a year or two--without taxes. "Oh honey, I think that's a good price," she says. Wow. I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.



And the wedding itself.. everything had to be crystal. It was insane! It was kind of cool looking, but completely insane. I can't remember everything else they spent their money on, because I think I've tried to block it from my memory. It was just too painful.



Anyway, that's what I get for channel surfing.. a glimpse into the world of the completely insane!



In other news, LOST is going well. I've decided not to nitpick about this final season. I'm just going to repect the show's creators for taking their baby wherever they want to (which I like the way it's headed). I'm just along for the ride!!

No comments: