Thursday, October 15, 2009

This is Halloween...

First of all.. anyone who recognizes the title of this post gets 10,000 points (in honor of the stock market.)

I *love* "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Some people hate it. That makes me sad. I watch it for Halloween and Christmas. And, I have the special edition that came out last year!

Anyway.. it's almost that time.. and I need a costume. So, I'm asking your opinion. I have a few ideas...
1) Rachel Berry-from "Glee." I could easily pull this one together.. and if you're lucky.. I'd even perform a little ditty for you from the show. If you haven't seen it well.. here's a link:

http://www.hulu.com/glee

I demand you watch it, or at least view some of the musical numbers.

2) I could go controversial.. and be the ghost of Michael Jackson. This would consist of a white sheet thrown over my head.. with a sign.. or at least a hat and glove to give people a hint.

3) I don't know.. something lame or generic like a punk rocker/goth/or emo girl. That would just be fun to do--go outside my "comfort" zone for a change.

All I know I have to match the absolute genius costume that was Tracy Turnblad two years ago.
Here's a pic: (It's on facebook..)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=33988270&l=fa2766bd33&id=17802513

6 comments:

MeganandClaudy said...

rachel berry all of the way!

Megan said...

Rachel Berry is a great choice. I wanted to be Sue Sylvester, because hello, comfy costume, but one of my friends told me there was no way I could be mean enough.

Thanks for introducing me to the glory of Nightmare Before Christmas.

I was one year too late! I think I would have made an excellent Penny to your Tracy. (Which reminds me, thanks for introducing me to the glory of Hairspray.) Or perhaps even Amber. :)

Kari McCallon said...

I think you could be Rachel Berry. I just showed Matt your Hairspray photo. It's still my fav.

Alexis said...

This is Halloween - Everybody Scream! Just yesterday I was thinking of that song for some reason. I actually sang it like that in my head as I read the title. I know, I'm good.

ashley said...

I love Glee, and you could TOTALLY pull of the Rachel look! She's hilarious, and will you be taking decongestants to top off your look? haha, that episode was hilarious...well almost as hilarious as Kurt's "Beyonce Dance"! But the Michael Jackson look would be a good one too, and I've seen you dance that Thriller!

"Kidnap the Santa Clause put him in a bag, tie it up for 100 years then we'll find him dead!" Creepy, but classic NightmareBC. Love that movie!

Maren said...

I think I'll definitely be Rachel for the main Halloween.l.. a ghost at work.. and maybe I'll throw in Mighty Maren at the ward party.